There’s no doubt about it: all available evidence shows that doula support leads to healthier physical and emotional outcomes for parents and babies. The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) specifically recommends doula support for improved medical outcomes, nonmedical pain coping, and labor progress, as well as decreased chances of cesarean birth.
I bring a calm, loving, and good-humored approach to labor support, helping parents to:
- articulate and protect their birth preferences ("birth plan");
- cope with labor pain using tools and techniques including position, massage, breathing, and vocalization;
- create a sense of privacy and intimacy regardless of external circumstances;
- be more present and connected to the experience as well as to each other;
- cultivate the flexibility and resiliency to roll with the punches when birth brings its inevitable surprises.
My birth doula package includes:
- 1-2 prenatal visits;
- continuous physical and emotional support for the duration of your labor and birth;
- continued support for 1-2 hours postpartum, including breastfeeding initiation;
- 1 postpartum visit;
- ongoing phone, email, and text support;
- referrals to additional perinatal support providers as necessary.
"Koyuki is a wonderful doula and I highly recommend her. She is innately intuitive and was always a step ahead in anticipating both my and my husband’s needs without being intrusive in any way. I felt like she was the glue that held everything together in a complex and long labor. She disappeared when the doctors stepped in but quickly reappeared when they left, in order to explain things in plain English and arm us with questions to help us navigate through the options. She enabled us to feel connected to the process and helped us feel confident that the right decisions were being made. Koyuki was a steady, enormously helpful, and calming presence when the pressure was on."
"Koyuki is a very talented doula who made me feel fully involved throughout the labor. She guided me into being the most supportive partner for my wife and reassured me with her presence and ability to guide us both through a potentially scary process. Without her help, I’m not sure I would not have been as supportive a partner. Koyuki helped me to stay calm and fully connected."
I am LGBTQ-friendly, and love working with diverse families of all shapes and sizes.
If you are experiencing financial hardship, please inquire about sliding scale fees and payment plans.